June 15, 2007

Poetry . . .

As a kid I used to write a lot, mostly poetry, here's a few things I found...

Emptyness

Emptyness,
without you by my side
Loneliness,
killing me inside
Warmth,
at the feel of your skin
Silence,
the dropping of a pin
Tenderness,
of your kiss
Overflowing sweetness,
followed by utter sadness
Poetry,
It's pure madness

* * *

Gazing at a star above
from a shattered window
of hopes, promises, love

Laughs and smiles
what is going on inside?
inside the head? inside the heart?

Never going the same way
but always in the right directions
looking at the big blue sky

Meeting once-together
not yesterday, but today without ever seeing tomorrow
falling hard

* * *

I

Take ME for what I am
How could though,
If I'm not content?
Content with who I am,
my actions, my words, my silence
my do's and don't's
I am not certain
of what I hate, of whom I love
of life, or death
Emptyness,
Hollowness
Fast pacing heart
filled with emotions and wounds
The pain that I feel
Scars that won't heal
Sadness...

* * *

A stolen glance,
A tender kiss
And then it's heartbreak,
Just for this?

* * *

What is love?

An object of my desire
A passion burning like fire
A fantasy,
A dream
With nothing in between
The apple of my eye
The kite flying high
A figment of my imagination
The mirage of my creation
A rainbow of colors
A four-letter word
That many have heard
A tension,
A kiss
A heartbreak, amiss
A feeling
A yearning
A candle burning
Down again,
We go on a rollercoaster of nothing but
Pain

...hmmm....reading these makes me think that I was a depressed child...maybe people don't change. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment