August 1, 2008

The world is gettting smaller

This is not my first rant on the topic, but I want to put a positive spin on things (for a change).

Online social networking sites are changing tremendously how we communicate. What's more is that they are changing whom we communicate with. Through facebook, I've found people I went to camp with 10 years ago, former classmates, colleagues and even my managers. Through odnoklassniki, I found classmates from 1st grade, neighbors and relatives half way across the globe. It's amazing that with a simple click you can see where a person lives, works, what they look like and who their "friends" are. What's more amazing is that the last time I saw my cousin was 12years ago and now we are trying to catch up for lost time.

It's crazy how life threw all of us all over the place. The Jewish and the Russian diaspora scattered us like seeds on a windy day. We all grew roots wherever we ended up, but let's never forget where we came from and what prior generations have gaven up for our lives, our prosperity and our freedom.

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile mobile.google.com

2 comments:

  1. hi how r u ....
    as u said i too had met my longtime classmates through this social networking sites only... sometimes i feel without these sites i could not have met some of my friends in this life time

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...i think i am still the only one who leave commments, and actually reads what you have to write...SCARY!

    ReplyDelete