June 30, 2009

Interviewing is a lot like dating

Where did you go to school? Why did you leave? What makes you interested in us? All these questions make your head spin and the more interviews I go on, the more I feel like I'm going on a blind date. Granted, I've been out of the dating game for quiet some time, but I remember what it's like and I have plenty of friend stories. You go into an interview, much like a blind date, only with the name of the prospect and whatever information you found on the internet. After the interview/date is over you dish to your mutual recruiter/friend about the good, the bad and the ugly. You talk about reasons for going on a second interview/date and whether or not you
see yourself with this prospect in the future. You sit and wait for a few days, weeks and sometimes even months inviting you to come and join them and the terms on which they'd like to see you again. You cross your fingers and hope for the best.

--
Sent from my mobile device

2 comments:

  1. LOL, true

    Luckily interviewers don't try to make out with you afterwards

    ReplyDelete