June 23, 2009

It's been a while...

A lot has happened in recent weeks, so much that my blog has fallen in my list of priorities. Most things are too personal to even blog about, but I feel that I should write while I still have some sort of following.

The Short List
  • I got laid off - a quote I read recently (prior to getting laid off), "getting laid is nice, getting off is nice, getting laid off, not so nice." I still haven't received my 1st unemployment payment and somehow I'm still cautiously optimistic that I will bounce back with a vengence.
  • Julie & Igor got married! Inna & Alex got married! Soco & Ray got married! Yes, in that order 6/6/09, 06/07/09, 06/14/09. It was a very busy week. After the first wedding weekend, I couldn't walk. I wish all newlyweds a lifetime of happiness and my new favorite quote (no, I didn't come up with that), "Love one another and you will be happy. It is as simple and as difficult as that." - Michael Leuning
  • I'm trying to catch up on doc visits and going through insurance hell, but hey at least I'm going for my 5 year check-ups.
  • I'm on the hunt, not just job hunt, also apartment/house hunt and car hunt. I'm like a savage released in the wilderness. You'd think that with all this time on my hands, I'd find something, but really most of the time, I find myself with nothing to do. I started cooking more, cleaning less, sleeping more, shopping less and just being kind of dazed.
  • We celebrated Sean's 1st Birthday! I can't believe that a year flew by and wish him to ALWAYS be surrounded by so many loving people.
  • I need a vacation. Anywhere.
  • I started sorting my gazillion photographers. Hopefully soon, I will have a best of updated folder on fotki.
  • The weather is really depressing. Yes, weather talk is generally elevator conversation, but I don't ride elevators too often these days and it's really depressing. Did summer decide to just take a rain check (pun intended)?
  • I'm working on forcing myself to go through the piles of paper, bills, etc. Maybe tomorrow?
That's pretty much all the news while I search for more inspiration . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment