May 3, 2010

Dear Friends and Family,

The fight against cancer goes on.  In today's society everyone knows someone who has been touched by breast cancer.  Whether it's a friend or relative, someone in your circle has battled breast cancer.  I have found a way to fight against cancer: the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure®.  Registration for the September race opened today and I will be dedicating my walk to my Moma woman of incredible courage, infinite wisdom and undying strength.

The Komen Race for the Cure is a community event that honors breast cancer survivors and co-survivors and pays tribute to those that have lost their lives to the disease.  The Race also plays a vital role in raising funds for research, education, prevention, advocacy and treatment.  Each year over 1.3 million people take part in Race for the Cure events around the world.   I will be joined by thousands of others on September 12th in Central Park.

How can you help?
You can support me by making a tax-deductible contribution to the Greater New York City Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. If you would like to donate, please visit www.komennyc.org/race and click on my personal page to make a donation to my efforts.  You may also call me with the amount you will be pledging and can send the donation, payable to Komen Greater NYC, to me at the address below. 

Additionally, you can join me at the event (details to follow as soon as the team is set up) as a Race participant or join the fundraiser thrown by Lasting Memories and Plan A Coordination (see flier for more details) .  There are many ways you can participate and help run breast cancer out of town once and for all.
Facebook page for CUREiously PINK - Komen Race for the Cure http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=156428644013&ref=ts
 
Thank you for your continuous kindness and your support in the fight against cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment