August 4, 2010

Reminders . . .

Every day is a reminder of something.  Today is a relative's birthday, yesterday was B&Es 4th Birthday, tomorrow is 8 years without my grandmother.  Am I overly sentimental? Probably. But how can I not be, especially now? Each passing day is a reminder of where I was a year ago today and as bad as things were a year ago, my mom was still alive.  As a matter of fact, mama was home from the hospital and doing better, we thought.  This Sunday will mark the Hebrew year since she is gone.  We will (hopefully) be unveiling the monument on this day as it is due to be up tomorrow.  Monday is daddy's birthday.  I still haven't bought a present. As I write this I realize one thing, for better or worse, life goes on...

I've been trying to look at things a little more lightly and calmly lately.  Everything I read seems to have the same message  - good attracts good, positive attracts positive and anyone that knows me knows that I'm a believer in Karma (and not in the "my karma ran over your dogma kind").  Yet, somehow it's hard to remain positive when everything you touch turns to sh*t.  I am really trying though and here are a few favorites from The Alchemist, which I finished reading recently by Paolo Coelho:

"Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead  their lives but none about his or her own."


"...and when each day is the same as the next, it's because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises."

"'It's not what enters men's mouths that's evil. Its what comes out of their mouths that is."

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving."

No comments:

Post a Comment