August 17, 2010

This time last year . . .

 "A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen." -Edward de Bono

This time last year I finished watching my 2nd episode of 90210 and posted S&M's wedding photo book on FB.  It is also the time when mama and I decided that we should take her to a hospital.  We spoke to her oncologist's nurse.  We were waiting for Daddy to come home...

I sometimes wish I weren't so sentimental that I could ignore the gnawing reminders of every day, but then I wouldn't be me.  I'd be someone else.  The only person I am and want to be is my mom's daughter.  I couldn't have asked for a better role model, a better mom or a better friend.  

"A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take." - Cardinal Mermillod
 

No comments:

Post a Comment