January 30, 2019

Introduction

At yesterday's inaugural event for JPA's 2019 cohort, we were asked to introduce ourselves through our children's eyes.  It was such an interesting exercise, to share with strangers how we think our children perceive us and what they know and would share about us.  This isn't verbatim, but as I haven't really written much in 10 years, I should probably reintroduce myself...

So, hi.  My name is Leor.  I'm 7 years old and my mom's name is Alla.  I have a younger brother, Zack.  He's 4 and a half and he's really annoying.  He annoys everyone.  He's also really afraid of dogs, especially of Ozzy, my best friend, Alice's dog.  My mom is always yelling at me.  She says she wants me to do better, to be better and that she loves me.  If you love someone, why do you yell?

At some point, when my brother was very small, my mom lost her job and then she got sick.  She had to go for surgery and I told her to be brave, because I had a surgery and it was fine.  My mom is very brave and she's always doing something, reading something and going somewhere.  What are all these meetings she goes to?  When my mom wasn't working, she chaperoned all of my school trips and all my friends would call her, "Leor's mom."  She's not spending as much time in school anymore but she's still my class mom and is on the PTA.  My mom is always pushing me to do better.  She says, I have to read a lot and I think that it's boring.  I already skipped a grade, what more does she want?

I love hanging out with my mom and dad, because we always go to cool places and my mom buys me treats.  When Zacky isn't being annoying, I like to teach him things and play with him.  He always brings me treats from his daycare.  Today, he brought two lollipops and let me pick which one I want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment