February 11, 2019

Mind F*ck

As anyone reading my blog probably knows by now, I didn't start my job today, as expected.  The Universe decided to throw another monkey wrench my way.  Patience is a virtue, right? On Friday afternoon at about 5:30 pm, after running around for close to 3 hours like a madwoman to get the necessary paperwork signed & notarized, I was told that despite the fact that it is complete, I still won't be able to start until Tuesday.  The confirmation was one word, "approved," and it came at 10 am this morning.  The inefficiency of corporate America never ceases to amaze me, but back to the Mind F*ck.

As we sat down to dinner on Friday night, my body literally got sick.  I had a scratchy throat, runny nose, general weakness and I "didn't look good." I know my body well enough to know that this is stress related.  I can hear all of my medical professional friends snickering.  I also know enough to be "aware."  On Saturday, I made myself get up and tackle the day.  Sunday, I even made it to the gym, but could barely handle my workout.  As I moped around and "mariekondoed" my kids room today, I got the confirmation and miraculously, my sickness was lifted.  My nose isn't running, my throat isn't scratchy and I feel fine and ready to tackle the snowstorm tomorrow will bring.  If that's not a total mind f*ck, please provide the definition. 

1 comment:

  1. Mindf*ck - To experience a situation which calls into question the way your mind currently sees a certain idea or the world in general. Such an experience usually leaves the person stunned/speechless while he/she begins wrapping his/her mind around the new idea.

    ReplyDelete