July 15, 2008

Summer Reading

I picked up a few books from my cousin over the weekend and left Miss Carrie that I was reading on the side as after many chapters and many quotes that I want to share, I still cannot get into it. I started reading The History of Love by Nicole Krauss, a novel that made it to the NY Times Bestseller List and the following just really moved me:

"Then she kissed him. Her kiss was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering."

and remembering a childhood dialogue:

"'If I had a camera,' [he] said, 'I'd take a picture of you every day. That way I'd remember how you looked every single day of your life.'" it goes on, but for that I advise reading the book.

Next on my list, incidentally by Nicole Krauss's husband, Jonathan Safran Foer, Everything is Illuminated and then, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

1 comment:

  1. "Then she kissed him. Her kiss was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering."

    A good Quote ....truly impressed...
    Thanx for giving a beautiful quote.

    ReplyDelete