January 17, 2007

Lost

Helping a friend out with something, we got on the topic of loss - not necessarily losing, but being lost in one's feelings and thoughts...

Lost

Lost without you by my side
Lost my fire and my drive
Lost the friendships that were dear
Find me and wipe away the tears

"Within you, I lose myself. Without you, I find myself, searching to be lost again."
-Unknown


We are all lost, trying to find something, someone – ourselves. We lose ourselves in work, in our hobbies, in our friends, in relationships. We embark on a never-ending quest to find truth, love and understanding. This search is what makes our life worthwhile, our friendships stronger and our love great.

When we are defenseless to the world and more importantly to our thoughts and feelings, we expose our inner self, at our most vulnerable. Our deepest secrets are suddenly in the open – there's no privacy, there's no walls. Feel free to lose your inhibitions and to find yourself.

1 comment:

  1. “Just think how happy you would be if you lost everything you have right now, and then got it back again.” -Frances Rodman quotes

    ReplyDelete