May 19, 2008

I < \ 3 New York

Not on Mondays, not when it takes me 2 hours to get home, not when it's cold and miserable outside. As with anyone, I have a love-hate relationship with New York. Of course, I love it, but on days like today - I just want to strangle it.

How can a commuter city such as New York have such terrible transportation? It's unreliable, undependable and uncomfortable. With the amount of people pushing me on the subway each morning and at a $2 fare, you'd think we could fix the system - nah. Who needs that?

Something happens at least once a week and generally on a Monday morning when I have to be at work at 8:45 for a meeting. Sometimes it's at night, like today. And every so often it's more than once a week!

Driving isn't better - I drove to and from downtown Brooklyn and then downtown Manhattan for years and that sucks too. Considering that the only thing I can do right now is play "brickbreaker" (because I don't have a book to read) or write, rather type on my BB, I choose the latter. Although, like most of my posts (especially lately) its more complaining than writing! Ooh air - chk mail time, l8r!

No comments:

Post a Comment