April 20, 2009

Birthdays

A birthday is a sad reminder of turning a year older and getting on the wrong side of something. Yet it's a day of celebration. It is a day to celebrate what a disappointing year you've had, how little you've accomplished and where you thought you'd be at this point in your life. This is generally celebrated with cake, alcohol and presents. Any day is worth celebrating. Every human life is worth celebrating. Holidays are important and if you don't make them, who will? The more we have to celebrate the better. There are enough tragedies in life not to celebrate birthdays with a sweet piece of cake!

To all my April dearest, happy birthday!

--
Sent from my mobile device

5 comments:

  1. WOW depressing, why all this hate for birthdays and getting older?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that's depressing, quiet the contrary . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL it sort of started out depressing and then got very life-affirming =)

    what's better/worse, a birthday or a new year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Bdays are better because they are all about you! he he Then again, I like celebrating, others don't and for them it's just a reminder of getting older and not being where they want to be in life.

    New Years used to be my favorite holiday as a kid, maybe because our family really knew how to celebrate, but as I got older it just became depressing, another year gone by and not nearly as much fun. Maybe, I miss the presents. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHO HOOO! APRIL CHILD! :P

    ReplyDelete