April 3, 2009

Peoples

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go, others stay awhile and we are never, ever the same."

That has been a long time favorite quote and I don't even know who penned it/said it. Yet, it is very true. I have always been a suckerfor conversation. All my long term relationships with people were rooted in interestic discussion. As an old friend of mine recently said in describing me, "you followed what you always follow, conversation. For you, it's orgasmic." This is true and fortunately I've come in contact with many interesting people. I was never good at initiating contact, but once I get started, I'm open, honest and often say more than I should. Recently, I've befriended a few older and wiser people and our conversations have both inspired me and given me hope.

I've recently eavesdropped on a conversation of a wealth manager at a party and was so drawn to his discussion with a dimwit that I had to apologize (for eavesdropping) and sat outside for an hour in 40 degree weather looking for the perfect opportunity to introduce myself. Of course, the opportunity never came, but I am still intrigued enough to talk about it. I had a discussion over beer and wine with someone whose life didn't start till 30. And I've become almost friends with a woman I met at my nail salon years ago. We speak almost daily and she never ceazes to amaze me. Life is an interesting thing and as I'm beginning to understand goes wherever you take it. It's not the blind leading the blind - it is what you make it.

I'm going on a tangent (as usual), but there's a reason determined people get what they want. Wishes do come true. Believing in something really does make it a reality. For those that know me, you're probably wondering, "who are you and what have you done with Alla?" It's me and I believe that I will be successful and live a long and happy life surrounded by people that matter and with something interesting to discuss. But shhh...it's "The Secret."

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment