July 19, 2007

On Friendship. . .

From a recent conversation with an old friend. . .

"I for one refuse to couple up and decide that its time to be bored to death. I think there should be a bit more to life other than waiting to get married and breed."

and my sinister reply:

well, let me break it down for you. . .

when you first meet someone, you want to spend all the time with that person - getting to know them, being intimate, etc.

then, you want to introduce each other to friends and end up going out all the time . . .

then, you are coupled, and your friends are coupled, and single friends sort of drop out because now you do things as couples

and then when for whatever reason you show up stag it's like, where's your better half? I am the better half, damn it!

and after all that you settle into coupledom, where you've gotten older and not necessarily wiser, but you just fall into the mundane things of life and going out even on a Friday night requires a lot of effort without an occasion and on a weeknight, tak forget it.

don't forget one essential thing, ne vse takie kak ti i ya :-D

"Well true as this may be, I have met people nearly twice our age who regardless coupled or not get together almost every single day and enjoy each others' company, so that's going to be my plan as well, and whoever wants to stay home and rot well more power to them, I REFUSE to submit to the mundane."
____________________________
We all submit to the mundane and everyday life. We all fall victim to bailing on our closest friends for our significant others. People always have excuses: "I'm too tired," "I need to wash my hair," "I need to walk my dog," "I have work/school tomorrow." Well so does everybody, we are all so busy that we tend to lose track of what's really important in life and taking the time to spend with friends be it through a quick email, a long telephone conversation or an old fashioned face-to-face meeting. Getting together with friends shouldn't be a process that often takes hours and even days, it should be,

"We're going here with them, come join."

"Ok, See you there."

But yet again we don't live in a perfect world. . .

I share the hope of fun times, interesting conversations, good food and more importantly, true friendship, "I hope to meet more people that are willing to meet up on a random day of the week and just hang out, be it at home or elsewhere." Be it at 2 in the afternoon or 5 in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    I feel special, I made it onto a blog :)

    V

    ReplyDelete