July 30, 2007

One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. ~Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story

Skol'ko mozhno zhrat'? Net, ne kushat', a zhrat'?!?

All we seem to be doing is eating.

-What are we doing tonight?
-Let's go eat!

-What are the plans for the weekend?
-Going out to a restaurant.

-Your birthday?
-Going out to eat

NADOELO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love to eat as much as the next guy. I love great food and fancy restaurants. I love a good burger and an old fashioned NYC hot dog lunch, but there's more to life than food. We live in New York and besides knowing what's the best new sushi spot, the trendiest hot-spot or the best new asian fusion restaurant, we don't know anything about museums or galleries, shows or movies, bands or exhibits.

What about my great example about a picnic in the park, with a few good friends, a volleyball on a beautiful summer day? What about a trip to the beach? What about a drive to go rafting? What about so many things and yes, we'd eat there too.

Happiness is a bowl of cherries and a book of poetry under a shade tree. ~Astrid Alauda

I give up. I officially give up. I offerred through my blog and through many an email to go see a bunch of great shows that are out and tickets that I could get at a good price. I'm tired of running after everyone, from now on, if you want to see something, YOU call ME, I'm always down. Until then, I'll be going alone.

Ta Ta

Edible, adj.: Good to eat, and wholesome to digest, as a worm to a toad, a toad to a snake, a snake to a pig, a pig to a man, and a man to a worm. ~Ambrose Bierce

Worries go down better with soup. ~Jewish Proverb
something most of our mothers would agree with

We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons. ~Alfred E. Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment